|Training with SRM|
The SRM Training System is not just a simple bike computer. SRM will change your training. Training quality will reach another dimension - in every single training ride and also for analyzing entire training periods. For the first time you will know your performance level in every training session - your actual power - so that you can specifically change the training load. After training you can download the training data onto your computer, analyze, and compare your training with earlier training data to evaluate your performance level.
Because the quality of your training will be better, your workouts will be more time-efficient, and the success you gain from your increased fitness level will lead to more fun! You can also compare your training - with colleagues and your earlier training rides.
How exactly will you improve your training quality?
Most cyclists have a training loop they ride on regular basis and take the time. But a number of factors, for example the changing weather, affect this time in ways that can't be easily measured in minutes or seconds.
- Haven't you felt angry when you had really good legs, but the headwind was so strong that it was not possible to reach a good time?
- Or when you started your interval session really hard with your heart rate monitor, to reach the heart rate target zone, but you suddenly realized that you went much too hard in the beginning and you couldn't finish the interval on the same level?
- Or when you were riding short intervals, but the heart rate was no help at all because it increased way too late and the speed was too dependent on terrain and wind conditions?
- Or you asked yourself how many calories you really burned during training, and if it was the optimum intensity for fat metabolism?
- Or when you trained hard but you didn't get better or even sick?
The SRM Training System provides a combination of conventional performance parameters: speed, heart rate, cadence and altitude together with precise, reliable power measurement. Only the combination of these parameters allows you to reach a conclusion about your actual performance level, your development, your strengths and weaknesses, lack of recovery or even first signs of overtraining or sickness, which decrease your performance level.
Most important: now you can workout with true individualized training designed for your personal interests.
Every type of training session benefits from using an SRM System:
- Specific basic endurance training - long consistent power output, independent from wind and terrain. Endurance training guided by power and heart rate.
- Specific interval training - independent from the length of the interval, your actual power output is shown on the display and you can adapt at once according to your training plan. Rather than working to your heart rate, which adapts much more slowly to every change of intensity and allows only very imprecise guidance.
- Specific uphill training - even if it's power training with low cadence just on your aerobic threshold or if it's just easy, you always know if you ride in your specific training zone.
- On weekend rides with the training group - very often it is not possible to remain exactly in your training zones as you planned. But you can analyze afterwards how many calories you burned, if you have reached a new personal best when competing with your colleagues on the climbs or sprints (for example new 4 minute max power). This gives you new important information to use to plan new goals and adapt your training zones for your interval training.
The SRM Training System allows exact statements about your performance level and fitness every day.
You can compare your training data for a specific time period: days, weeks, months or even with the years before and see how your level has improved. You can see if specific training has given you the results your coach or you have predicted, and which training sessions had the best success in which training period. You can analyze your strengths (are you a sprinter, a strong climber or a good time trialist) and also your weaknesses so that you can work on them more precisely and avoid mistakes.
You can email your training data to your coach or exercise scientist so they are able to help you to configure a much better personal workout program.
Your training will get better; you'll reach more sustainable success and therefore higher motivation.
Train with SRM and you replace mere chance with systematic approach.